Wednesday, April 1, 2009

JOURNAL ENTRY: DAY 16

BREAKFAST
1 c. low-fat cottage cheese (serving size is technically 1/2 c, but since I can't eat lunch until after 4 or 5 PM, I'm eating a bigger breakfast)
1 c. leftover mixed fruit 
2 slices whole-grain toast, no butter

SNACK
1 Fuji apple with peanut butter

LUNCH/SUPPER
2 whole wheat pita pockets with avocado, cucumber, cheese, sprouts, tahini

DESSERT
1 Lindt dark chocolate truffle

SNACK
microwave popcorn

Today I will be going to the store for munch-able veggies, in accordance with my daughters' helpful suggestions, and the makings of hummus. I am also going to enjoy the fact that I can have breakfast, a mid-morning snack, lunch, a mid-afternoon snack, supper, and an evening snack ALL AT NORMAL TIMES OF THE DAY! Today AND tomorrow!! WooHOO!

3 comments:

  1. two other 10 min break snacks I forgot to mention:
    1. chips (baked would probably be the healthiest, or just the alloted serving size of regular) and salsa.
    2. Baked sweet potato, especially what my market calls Jersey Sweet potatos, yellow inside instead of orange, really sweet. If you bake them the day before, you can take them and eat them cold, without any condiments they are delicious and filling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, those of you commenting, if you want to be notified by email if anyone commented after your comment, click the subscribe by email button below the post after you post. :-) I commented on how to make sure your post gets posted in the comments under Day 16...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Marnie! I didn't know about that subscribing thing! And I LOVE your suggestions, especially the sweet potato one... LOVE them!!

    ReplyDelete