Saturday, April 11, 2009

JOURNAL ENTRY: DAY 26

Who knew that a lousy cold could mess with your food intake so much?? I woke up yesterday feeling worse than ever (probably not helped by my late night Thursday), and actually called in sick to work. I think I mentioned in yesterday's journal entry about my trip to the grocery store and not eating breakfast, so I'll get right to the facts:

NO BREAKFAST

LUNCH 
2 small whole wheat pita pockets with avocado, cucumbers, sprouts, tahini, and pepper jack cheese

SUPPER
Tomato soup (yes, the nasty-but-somehow-comforting Campbell's variety) and a "grilled" cheese sandwich. Quotes around the grilled are because I have devised a way to have a grilled cheese sandwich without actually using butter to brown it: I toast the bread, then put the cheese between the slices and microwave for about a minute, til the cheese is all melty.

That's it, folks. That's what I ate yesterday. Oh, wait. I had a pot of Throat Coat tea, with honey. (I don't like sweet beverages, so I used about 1 teaspoon of honey for the whole pot.)

Obviously, the most challenging thing I'm facing now is trying to get into a rhythm of eating every 3 hours or so; nibbling on some fruit, having some sort of vegetable snack or yogurt... I will get there, but it's actually not as easy as it sounds - for me, anyway.

2 comments:

  1. oh mummy you sound miserable! I hope you feel better soon. But it's pretty normal to lose your appetite when you're sick. I would try turning that whole chicken into some chicken soup and living off that until you feel better...

    hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Marnie. I feel better overall, just not 100% yet. :-/

    I was thinking of roasting the chicken, using the meat for a meal or two, then using most of the rest of the meat for sandwiches, then making soup from the bones and remaining meat. Oh good grief... I don't know why it didn't occur to me until you mentioned soup just now to make that "Chicken Soup for a Cold" from the Feng Shui cookbook you gave me!! That recipe is GREAT, and really knocks the germs for a loop! And I could share it with Zach and Rachel, who are also under the weather! Thanks for the suggestion, Marnie! (By the way, how hard is it to believe that it was *10* years ago that you gave me that cookbook??!!)

    hugs back atcha.

    ReplyDelete