Friday, April 3, 2009

JOURNAL ENTRY: DAY 18




OK, I've been pointedly reminded that I need to get these journal entries posted in a more timely manner, so my apologies for the lateness of this one. 

Yesterday, I decided to go into the City to see the legendary cherry blossoms, so I ate a good breakfast and took a cut-up apple for a snack. I was home shortly after noon, so I was able to eat like a normal person yesterday! Yay! Here are the particulars:

BREAKFAST
1 c. Smart Start cereal
1 c. skim milk
1 banana

SNACK
1 Fuji apple

LUNCH
Leftovers from previous night's birthday dinner: Orange Imagination

SNACK
8 Fiber Selects crackers with thin smear of neufchatel cheese* and fresh strawberry slices 
* store didn't carry Laughing Cow! :(
1 Lindt dark chocolate truffle

SUPPER
6 oz steak (from erstwhile roommate), sliced and seared in a non-stick skillet, then tossed with:
broccoli
onion
2 oz multi-grain spaghetti

DESSERT
1 Fuji apple with 1/2 oz cheddar cheese

So, not too bad, considering that I walked almost 2 miles around DC... 

OK, here's the question of the day: what kind of whacky irony is it that when I found out today that a) the Crocs shirts finally came in (what we're supposed to wear to work), but b) the largest size we got was a Men's 2XL, and c) not only is that too small for me, but they don't MAKE a bigger one, THAT the first thing I wanted to do was eat at McDonald's and super-size everything??? I didn't, of course, but that was my initial mental response. To say, the hell with it, this is obviously not working so why bother? What IS that?? I'm still pretty bummed about it, though. I am now the only employee in the store without a Crocs shirt, and no way to get one except lots of time. Here's the other irony: I don't even plan on BEING at Crocs that long (oh please oh please oh please), so why the hell do I even care about the stupid shirt? Oy... it's not easy being in this head.

4 comments:

  1. don't let that get you down, Mums. I understand the initial impulse, glad you fought it back!! you are not on this quest to fit into that Crocs shirt. Remind yourself that the clothes you have are starting to fit more loosely and you're making seriously impressive progress. you can't define your sense of worth by comparing yourself to others, you can only look at yourself and say, I'm stronger today than I was yesterday. you are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, thank you so much for your kindness... you are right, of course, about the Crocs shirt... and I AM stronger. Thank you for reminding me. :)

    I'm starving now (been on the phone since I got home from work!), so I am going to go choose wisely. :)

    Thanks again, sweetie. YOU are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto what Rachel said! you are rockin this unzippin thing! and you are worth every good thing you do for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Marnie! You are sweet and adorable. Now, drink some water!! :)

    ReplyDelete