Thursday, April 23, 2009

JOURNAL ENTRY: DAY 38

Well, yesterday (Wednesday) was my day off, and it was SO PRODUCTIVE!! I cleaned the apartment, including the bathroom and closet/dressing room, did 3 loads of laundry (one at a time -- one of the machines is broken on our floor), and made Tabbouleh, Stuffed Sandwich Surprise(s), and Turkey Sloppy Joes! I can't remember if the last two were entered here on the blog in comments, or were emailed to me, but to keep everyone (who's interested, anyway) from having to slog through dozens of comments, I'm going to post them under their own headings, like the Calzones (you may notice that I fixed the Chicken Soup one, so that the name of the recipe is in the heading).

ANYwayy, all food prep came out delicious, which makes me so happy! Always a crap-shoot trying out new recipes, y'know? Sarah did make the Sandwich Surprise one, so that wasn't really a mystery, only the part about how it would turn out for ME. :) I'll post those recipes after this journal entry. So here's what I ate yesterday:

BREAKFAST
1 c. low-fat cottage cheese with
1 oz chopped mixed nuts
1 English muffin, spread with
Smart Balance*

*OK, Rachel, it tasted pretty good; definitely a doable alternative to butter. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

LUNCH
1 pita pocket with hummus and Tabbouleh
small bunch of grapes

SNACK
1 apple

SNEAKY SNACK
1/4" slice off of a Sandwich Surprise loaf (I cut it open to see if it was cooked through... then the halves were uneven, so I HAD to take a skinny slice off of one! :P)

SUPPER
1 c. Turkey sloppy joes mixture, over
1 Arnold "Sandwich Thins" 100% whole-wheat bun**

** This is a great alternative to a regular hamburger bun! It's 100 calories for the whole bun, no high fructose corn syrup, 5 g protein, and 5g fiber, and they're about half the thickness (or less) of a regular bun. And it toasted kind of crispy, which made a nice base for the turkey mixture. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment