Wednesday, April 22, 2009

JOURNAL ENTRY: DAY 37

OK, well, I know that I didn't eat enough protein yesterday. Had plenty of complex carbs, though. :)

BREAKFAST
1 English muffin spread with
1 wedge Laughing Cow, topped with
3 sliced strawberries

I know that was a skimpy breakfast, especially considering I had a five-hour shift yesterday, but I lost track of time (applying for jobs, surprise surprise), and was kind of in a rush.

SNACK
1/2 c. granola (with dried cranberries and coconut... pretty good, actually)
1 c. green grapes

My snack was divided between my ten-minute break and the drive home (my thanks to Marnie for that suggestion)

LUNCH (about 3:15)
1 pita pocket with
hummus
tomato
1/2 oz cheddar cheese
sprouts

SUPPER
1 c. pasta
1/2 c. sauce

OK, I figured out that I am not a fan of whole wheat rotini. Next time I buy pasta, I'm going to find a multi-grain version or something (not white, of course) that has more flavor and a better texture. Any suggestions are welcome!

Since today is my day off, I'm going to make a couple of yummy healthy dishes that I can live on for the week (my thanks to Sarah for the inspiration).

No comments:

Post a Comment