Saturday, April 18, 2009

JOURNAL ENTRY: DAY 33

So, I did prettyyyyy well, yesterday. My 'lunch' was a bit late in the day because I had to run errands after work, so I was rather hungry. I will share the details in the lunch section. :)

BREAKFAST
1 c. Grape Nuts (I recently received a bit of a windfall of them)
1 c. Skim milk
3 strawberries, sliced

SNACK
1 hard-boiled egg
1/2 handful of mixed nuts

LUNCH
OK, I took 7 corn tortillas out of the fridge (did I mention I was hungry?), and then promptly (well, OK, not promptly so much as after a semi-brief dialogue with my Evil Twin) put 3 of them back. I did Sarah's thing with the oil (used canola instead of olive -- MUCH better, plus cooked them longer -- MUCH better), and I topped them each with 1/4 of a mashed avocado and a sprinkling of shredded cheddar. YUM.

SUPPER
1 medium bowl of the Kick Your A$$ Chicken Soup for a Cold (I'm here to tell you that those peppers get mighty perky by the third day; holy mackerel that soup was hot! But still tasty!!)

Didn't snack enough... I should have packed another snack for after work (which I believe Marnie suggested to me a couple of weeks ago *sheepish grin*), knowing that I wouldn't be going right home. *sigh* SO many things to remember!

2 comments:

  1. I probably won't be trying any new recipes for a while, while I'm on NutriSystem, but for future reference, what would it do to the soup recipe, to leave out the peppers? I may try that down the line.
    BTW: Did you ever get a chance to try the Turkey Sloppy Joes?
    Ta ta for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the peppers are what really knock the cold on its butt, I think, but chicken soup in general is good for you when you're sick, and the garlic and ginger both have excellent healing properties, so I say go for it!

    And no, haven't tried the sloppy joes, because I keep forgetting to look for whole wheat buns! I just put them on my shopping list, though, so hopefully I can make them soon! I will let you know how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete