Monday, April 13, 2009

JOURNAL ENTRY: DAY 28

Well, in the spirit of getting back on the horse, I began my day yesterday with a renewed determination to make good choices, and I was successful! I missed lunch, though, because I was trying to get the salad done in time to pick up Rachary for Easter dinner at the Porter's. I had also neglected to allot time for the Shaving of the Forest (the first dress-wearing of the Season, dontcha know), so I was doing my best imitation of a Headless Chicken by the time I actually got out of here. And I was still almost a half-hour late! Oy. Elaine put out healthy snack food when we got there, though, so I didn't go hungry. :) Here's the breakdown:

BREAKFAST
1/2 c. low-fat cottage cheese
1/2 c. pineapple chunks
3 strawberries, sliced
1 light multi-grain english muffin, toasted, dry

SNACK
baby carrots
celery
raw broccoli
grape tomatoes
black olives (5 or 6)

SUPPER
2 T. baked beans (made by Rachel Theresa - delicious!)
1 small slice baked ham
1 good-sized baked yam* (had the option of a butter/honey sauce, which I eschewed, but the yam was perfect all by itself -- didn't even need butter!)
4 spears of oven-roasted asparagus topped with sesame seeds YUM
2 good-sized servings of salad:**
green leaf lettuce
red leaf lettuce
romaine lettuce
cucumbers
mushrooms
red onions
green onions
grape tomatoes
garlic
bleu cheese
toasted pine nuts
parmesan cheese
alfalfa/radish sprouts
avocado

* Could probably have eaten 1/2 the yam and been fine. I admit it's a weakness. Rationalized it by not using any butter or other enhancements whatsoever (not even salt & pepper!)
** No dressing 

DESSERT
about 1 c. mixed fresh fruit (strawberries, pineapple, grapes)
1 c. jasmine green tea

So, I am officially back on track and happy to be here. Happy Monday, everyone.


1 comment:

  1. I knew you would be "back on track" in a hurry! See? You have more will-powere than you give yourself credit for. Super job!

    ReplyDelete