Monday, April 20, 2009

JOURNAL ENTRY: DAY 35

Well, I think yesterday was a good decision-day. My breakfast was a bit unconventional, but since I had a breakfast-y thing for lunch, it all balanced out. :)

BREAKFAST
2 small whole wheat pita pockets with cucumber, 1/2 avocado (total), tahini, sprouts, and 1/2 oz shredded cheddar (total)

I was pretty full after eating them, so next time I will make one sandwich and eat it, wait 20 minutes and then if I'm still hungry I can make another half sandwich. Or, I could eat something else with the one sandwich, like an apple.

LUNCH
OK, my friend, Amanda, and her fiance, Adam, took me to brunch yesterday at this place called Fireflies. Click here for the menu I had to choose from! I was drawn to many things, obviously, but was kind of hankering for the quiche. I thought about the crust, with all that butter and white flour, and opted for the omelet. (SO virtuous!! Although, if I had been truly angelic, I would have asked for an egg-white omelet, but ... yuck.)

My omelet contained artichokes, spinach, kalamata olives, and goat cheese.

Oh yeah, baby, it was DELISH. I had the option of hash browns or fruit with that, and -- once again taking the higher road -- I had the fruit. Guess what the fruit was?? APPLES. Oy. And Granny Smith apples, too! :( The apple slices had some sort of cranberry glaze on them that wasn't sweet AT ALL, so I'm not sure what it was, but I ate my fruit like a good girl.

SNACK
1/3 cucumber, sliced (OK, it's weird, but it was light and tasty, and better than other choices I could have made, right??)

SUPPER
Oven-roasted Brussels sprouts and asparagus
1 small sweet potato, microwaved
(no butter or any other topping)

I went to the grocery store yesterday evening (before supper), and selected only small sweet potatoes, so that I could eat a whole one without gorging on the yumminess.

While I was at the store, Sarah called me with a question about the soup, so I picked her brains for snack ideas. She offered some great suggestions, which I will be implementing today! After Rachel's admonishments about Smart Balance Light, I stood at the dairy case and pondered the myriad choices. I gave up trying to figure it out and called her for some clarification. So thanks, girls, for the help!

2 comments:

  1. wow that fireflies place sounds Amazing! was there bluegrass?? I'd like to try that place sometime.

    nice choice on the omelet! why do you say yuck to egg-white omelet? hardly tastes any different from a regular whole-egg omelet.. I think they're pretty tasty actually.

    try the smart balance yet??

    ReplyDelete
  2. a) Yes, there was bluegrass!! Four guys; banjo, fiddle, guitar, and mandolin! It was great!

    b) No idea why I assume an egg-white omelet is yucky... it just sounds bland, I guess. I'll try one next time!

    c) Not yet. Haven't really hankered for butter lately, but it's good to know it's there when I need it! :)

    ReplyDelete