Wednesday, April 8, 2009

JOURNAL ENTRY: DAY 23

Yesterday was Tuesday, April 7. The day I thought I was going to die of a sore throat. I felt like I had partially swallowed a rabid squirrel with GIANT, SHARP claws. No need to feel sorry for me, I was doing quite enough of that all by myself. :) Today it feels just like a normal rotten cold; yesterday, I was at Death's Door. I did go to work, but came home an hour-and-a-half early to die in my own bed.

All of that preamble, just to explain my bizarre food consumption yesterday!

BREAKFAST
1 c. corn flakes (oddly, these contain less sugar and fat than the Smart Start cereal. Also less nutrients, but they sog up nicely in milk, making it easier for a sore throat to swallow. And yes, sog is now an official word. C'mon, how can you have soggy if you don't have sog to begin with??)
1 c. skim milk

NO SNACK

LUNCH
3 slices of whole grain toast with 1/3 of an avocado smashed on each. Yes, I ate a whole avocado. Its cool softness felt so good and helped the whole grains to slither past the barbed wire in my throat.

NO SNACK

SUPPER
3 pkgs of plain Ramen noodles (by plain I mean, not in soup form, and I used one packet of the seasoning to flavor the noodles)

Yes, I had 3 packages of Ramen. And yes, I realize that that was about 500 empty calories, but I felt like absolute crap, had no energy or desire to find something healthier to eat, and it was rill easy on my throat. So today I feel more human, so I will put more effort into nutrition.

DESSERT
I was going to eat a one-ounce square of the dark chocolate (still from the care pkg; I just noticed on the package that it's EXTRA dark chocolate -- 85% cocoa!), but only ate 1/4 of the piece. It felt like glue in my throat, and bitter. :(

I had two cups of Throat Coat tea, with a teaspoon of honey in each. Mmmmmm. Gooooood.

So, like I said - bizarre food choices. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you to Marnie, by the way, for pointing me to Pandora (online radio), and to Sarah for giving me great artist suggestions. Also, Pandora is finding other cool singers for me, like Ingrid Michaelson and Regina Spektor. Lovin' it!!

    ReplyDelete