Sunday, April 5, 2009

JOURNAL ENTRY: DAY 20

Wow... almost 3 weeks already! Thank you to my fantastic team of moral-supporters!! I guarantee you that I wouldn't still be here, plugging without your help. OK, for yesterday, Saturday, April 4th:

BREAKFAST
1 serving Smart Start cereal, with
1 c skim milk and
6 strawberries (used 'em up because they were starting to look kinda sketchy)

SNACK (split between morning and afternoon breaks, and the drive home after work)
1 apple
handful of mixed nuts (1 oz)
1/2 baby carrots

LUNCH
1 pc honey mustard chicken
3/4 potato
1 carrot

SUPPER
1 pc honey mustard chicken
1/2 potato
1/2 carrot

NO DESSERT

I worked an eight-hour shift yesterday, which turned out to be a lot easier than the 5 and 6 hour shifts, because I got two ten-minute breaks and a half-hour for lunch. I think it's crazy that for working two more hours, you get 40 MINUTES MORE break time!! I think they should at least give you 15 minutes in a 6 hour shift! It takes over 2 minutes to walk to the nearest place to sit down, so in a 10 minute break, you actually only get to be off your feet for 5 minutes. I'm sorry, that's inhuman.  

Wow... sorry! Didn't mean to launch, there. Had a bad day today, so I'm kinda cranky (not bad food day, bad work day). Anyway, it was nice breaking up the food into more evenly-spaced 'sittings.'  I never really felt overly hungry at any point during the day, so that was good. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mom. Good job, you're doing great! Sorry your job sucks. Really just logging on to say that I made that stuffed sandwich surprise today and can personally attest to its awesomeness. Definitely needs to be eaten over a plate or something because bits fall out, but delicious! I think it would be a great lunch option, especially with a small side of marinara sauce for dipping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh excellent, Sarah! I will try to make that on my days off this week! Now I just have to remember which entry you posted that recipe to! Haha, I'll find it, never fear! I've been trying to copy recipes that you've all given me into a Word file, but I don't have that one, so I must have missed it somehow.

    Anyway, thank you! And thanks for the encouragement. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I found the entry with the link to the sandwich recipe, but the link doesn't work; I think the web site has either changed or gone belly up or something, because I even tried just core address and that didn't work either.

    PLEASE tell me you have the recipe in a file you can send me! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just emailed you the recipe, but I just checked and the website still works fine. Also, I just copied and pasted the link from my comment (day 8 for anyone who's interested) and it worked for me, so maybe it was a temporary glitch?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huh. That's weird, because I tried it on Safari and Firefox... I'll try again, but thanks for emailing it to me!

    ReplyDelete