Thursday, March 26, 2009

JOURNAL ENTRY: DAY 9

Well, I didn't do stellarly (how's THAT for a word?? - and I was giving *others* a hard time about their command of the language...) on Tuesday. After spending 2 hours taking two buses and two trains home from testing for a job in a lawyer's office, I was hungry, tired, and cranky... a fairly deadly combination when it comes to food habits. I did try to make up for my slippage later in the day, though.

BREAKFAST
1 c cottage cheese
1 slice Wasa
(was in a hurry to get on the bus at 7 AM to get to testing in Rockville, MD)

LUNCH
small bowl of rice, beans, and nuts
um... 6 fried tortillas with shredded cheddar on them

DINNER
1 small Gala apple with peanut butter
6 oz yogurt

So, even with the fried tortillas, I didn't have a whole bunch of food... I know the tortillas were a bad idea, but I haven't been to the store in a while, and the pickin's were slim. I know, excuses, excuses.

2 comments:

  1. It could have been a lot worse, Mom, and it is DEFINITELY a victory to be able to regain momentum the same day, especially such an intense, stressful day. GOOD JOB!!!

    Just as an aside, when you say fried do you mean in a lot of oil? because I find that just a touch of oil still gives them a nice texture when they puff up (i'm talking about flour tortillas, did you mean corn? corn, not fried corn I guess, but corn tortillas are usually a better choice than flour because they are whole grain and lower cal) and they taste yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I am using corn tortillas these days because I have a ginormous bag of them.. I am going to make some of the whole wheat flour tortillas for which Sarah gave me the recipe, but for right now it's corn. I am not using *too* much oil (because I'm almost out), but definitely more than I would use on flour tortillas. :(

    I know that I need to perfect the oven-baking technique that Rachel talked about a while back. Then I could enjoy the crunch without the oil!

    Re stressful days... yes, I am trying to not let slippages collapse my whole plan, but I definitely need to work on planning ahead better, so that when I do have a stressful day, or I'm too tired to think about finding something healthy to eat, I have a decent source of nourishment at the ready.

    Baby steps, I guess.

    Thanks for the encouragement, Marnie!

    ReplyDelete