Friday, March 20, 2009

JOURNAL ENTRY: DAY 4

First of all, let me apologize for the lateness of this journal entry. I usually try to do it in the mornings, but today I went with my daughter, Rachel, to look at wedding dresses! It was great fun, and when she tried on The Dress, Mummie started bawling. It was kind of funny actually; everyone started handing me Kleenex, and Rachel's friend, Jessika, sat next to me and patted my shoulder. It was pretty sweet. I was as surprised as anyone when the waterworks started, but man, she looked beautiful in that dress!

Anyway, back to the Journal:

Well, I did even better yesterday! No chocolate, for one thing! And I delivered the offensive bag of it to Rachel last night, so it's gone, baby, gone. I also made orange scones yesterday, since Amanda was coming to tea. I gave her three to take home and gave the rest to Rachel today. I had the smallest one last night with Amanda, one of the 'end' pieces, and that was enough. Anyway, here are the specifics for yesterday:

BREAKFAST
1 c. lowfat cottage cheese
1 serving mixed fruit (pineapples, mangoes, and strawberries)
1 slice of Wasa multigrain (you know, it's that 'bread' that's more like a really thick hard cracker)

LUNCH
1 Gala apple (man, they're tiny) with one wedge of Laughing Cow swiss cheese
1 c. yogurt with one serving of mixed berries
handful of mixed (unsalted) nuts (some of the nuts went into the yogurt, the rest were nestled in the soft cheese on the apple slices... mmmmmm)

DINNER
Corned beef hash (corned beef, cabbage, carrot, potato, and onion, mashed together - no butter or oil)
1/2 slice soda bread with a teeny amount of butter

DESSERT
1 very small scone

I didn't make much headway on the eating-at-the-table thing, except while Amanda was here, but that will take some getting used to. Right now I'm happy to be focusing on the quantity and quality of what's going into my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment