Saturday, March 28, 2009

JOURNAL ENTRY: DAY 12

Well, Friday wasn't a disaster, food-wise, but I sure didn't eat well. I ate very little food, which I know is just counterproductive to my goals of long-term behavioral improvements.

BREAKFAST
1 6oz can tuna (packed in water), drained
10 Wheat Thins Fiber Select crackers

LUNCH
1 avocado
8 Wheat Thins Fiber Select crackers

DINNER
2 packets of Ramen noodles

I am happy to report that today, Saturday, I stopped at the grocery store on my way home from work (thanks to an unnamed benefactor), and purchased fruits, vegetables, and more yogurt and cottage cheese. (I was so excited to see that strawberries were *2 lbs. for $3*!! In fact, almost everything I bought was on sale! Asparagus was an unbelievable buck-forty-nine a pound... Unreal!) When I got home, I had received a care package from another unnamed benefactor, which contained cheese, dark chocolate, tea, and several other welcome items. What this means, Dear Reader, is that tomorrow's journal is going to look a lot better! Yay!

2 comments:

  1. YAAAYYY! I love asparagus, we usually drizzle it w/ a little olive oil, sprinkle some salt and pepper and roast at 425 for 12 - 20 min, depending how thick the stalks. BTW, Chris just sent me this link which as an interactive map of local in season produce by state. If you buy local and in season you'll likely get the best deals and the best tasting food: http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/seasonalcooking/farmtotable/seasonalingredientmap
    p.s. have you thought of including drinks in your food diary? Or are you only drinking water/0 cal beverages?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that link, Marnie! That is perfect, because I never know what grows where, and I do know that it's better for everyone if you eat locally grown produce whenever possible. Yay!

    And I hadn't thought about writing beverages down because all I drink is water... I haven't even made myself a cup of tea in a couple of weeks!

    I am thinking about including a time notation of when I'm eating, just so it's easier for me to track... lately, with this work schedule, I haven't been able to really do my 'every 3 hours' thing... but I know it's not good to go 6 or 7 hours without giving your metabolism something to do!

    Thank Chris for the link, too, OK? :)

    ReplyDelete