Sunday, March 22, 2009

JOURNAL ENTRY: DAY 6

Well, yesterday was not as successful as I'd hoped. I did great all day, but neglected to plan ahead for dinner. And I didn't eat enough during the day, so that by the time I realized I hadn't planned anything for supper (I guess I just got so used to having corned beef and cabbage, I forgot to think about it!), I was ravenous. This process definitely takes focus.

BREAKFAST
2 eggs, over easy (cooked with just cooking spray, no oil or butter)
1 whole grain English muffin (teeniest scrape of butter)
1 c. low-fat cottage cheese

SNACK
1 apple with Laughing Cow Swiss wedge, and eight nuts (see picture from yesterday)

LUNCH
1 c low-fat yogurt with one serving of mixed berries

SNACK
1 orange

DINNER
This is where it went terribly terribly wrong.
1/2 of a 10 oz bag of Tostito's Scoops
shredded Cheddar cheese, to cover, then baked until cheese melted
about a half cup of sour cream dolloped on top

4 comments:

  1. haha well, yeah probably not the Best dinner! where did you get those Tostitos scoops..?? are you out of corn tortillas? I don't suppose it was light sour cream..? next time you might throw in some salsa if you're going to eat something like that, would have added some nutrients. Anyway no big deal, a little bump in the road. you're doing a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel... those scoops are what was leftover from taco night when you and Zach came over; heck no, I'm not out of corn tortillas! but I was too hungry to take the time to bake them, and if I'd taken them out of the fridge, they would have gone into the skillet with some oil; nope, it wasn't light sour cream, it was what you guys brought over the aforementioned taco night; and I am out of salsa.

    Yesterday, however, I paved the way for being good today by cooking up some black beans, kidney beans, onions, celery, some Ro-tel tomatoes with chiles in them, a can of green chiles, and some seasonings -- all thrown into the crock pot. NOW if I bake some tortilla chips and acquire some salsa, I could have some healthy nachos! In the meantime, I'm eating it with rice and threw in some mixed nuts for crunch... nice protein!

    Thanks for the encouraging comments, Rache. It really helps a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey I DID bring over light sour cream! if you had something else, it wasn't what I gave you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH cool! Well, that's what I had, so it WAS light! Yay! Hey, what brand was that? It tasted really good! :)

    ReplyDelete