Saturday, March 21, 2009

JOURNAL ENTRY: DAY 5



I am going to share a couple of photos here; on the left is of my yummy broccoli pasta from the other day, and on the right is the apple snack I am enjoying right now (with 1 Laughing Cow cheese wedge and assorted nuts)!



OK, yesterday's food journal:

BREAKFAST
1 serving mixed fruit (berries - rasp, straw, blue, black)
1/2 c plain lowfat yogurt
small handful of mixed nuts

LUNCH (at California Pizza Kitchen, with Rachel)
2 Lettuce Wraps (minced chicken, wok-seared with Shiitake mushrooms, water chestnuts and green onions in a soy ginger sauce. Served on a bed of crispy rice noodles with a side of spicy chili-ginger sauce)
1/2 Thai Crunch salad (shredded Napa cabbage, chilled-grilled chicken breast, julienne cucumbers, edamame, crispy wontons, peanuts, cilantro, julienne carrots, fresh avocado, red cabbage and green onions tossed with a lime-cilantro dressing. Topped with crispy rice sticks and Thai peanut dressing)
1 slice of Rachel's pizza (mild goat cheese with roasted red & yellow peppers, grilled Japanese eggplant, Mozzarella cheese, caramelized onions, Italian parsley and tomato sauce - on a thin, whole-wheat crust)

SNACK
microwave popcorn

DINNER
the LAST of the corned beef hash! (no oil or butter, and no bread this time)

DESSERT
1 Gala apple with natural peanut butter

It's hard to imagine anything that tastes better than California Pizza Kitchen's Lettuce Wraps!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mum, I think you should check out this blog called bakingandbooks.com She's got a couple of entries related to lifestyle change (link below is to first one) and tons of great recipes. They're not all healthy, but many of them are, and every one that I've tried has been delicious. This is the blog that I got that quesadilla idea from, and I'm making the recipe featured in the link below today (at this minute actually).

    http://www.bakingandbooks.com/2009/01/05/how-i-ate-my-cake-and-lost-weight-too-part-1/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! It looks great! (Is it just me, or is there no discernible difference in her 'before' and 'after' photos?) I'll definitely start following that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, her face is maybe the teensiest bit fuller, but she in no way looked bad in the before! Of course, you can't really see anything but her face in the first one, so maybe there'd be a diff if you could see the rest of her. Anyhoo, regardless of her own personal weight loss, and the fact that she didn't need to lose much, I think most of what she says makes sense, and as noted above I love her recipes! (everything I mentioned on fb the other day was from her blog). Just be careful when you go to her main page b/c she posts new recipes frequently and she has gorgeous pictures...this is great when it's a healthy recipe, but, for example, not when it is a coconut cream pie that makes me want to crawl into my computer to devour :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, that's funny! I know what you mean... photos are particularly dangerous when you're hungry, or are in a vulnerable state (depressed, angry, etc).

    Well, that menu from yesterday's cooking sounded like gourmet-quality food, so I will definitely be giving some of those recipes a try!

    About her minimal weight loss... I always have the knee-jerk reaction of scoffing when someone is jubilant about losing 20 pounds, because I look in the mirror and... well, you get the idea. But then I remind myself that it's the LAST 20 pounds, not the first, that are so hard to lose, and I shut myself up. Sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete