Sunday, May 24, 2009

REANIMATION

Well, first of all, I would like to apologize to all of you for my abrupt and rude retreat from this blog. It has been pointed out to me from a couple of sources that this has become bigger than its humble beginnings as a food journal/self-analysis vehicle; it has blossomed into a communication network of friends and family, sort of like cyber-meeting for coffee and chatting, which sadly is a real-world-geographic impossibility these days.

So I am very sorry for giving the impression that I was dumping you all... it was not my intention, never entered my head that my actions would be hurtful to you who have helped me on this journey; I guess I assumed that by letting go of the blog I would be relieving you all of the task of holding my hand. It just never occurred to me that I was holding yours as well.

I hope you all can forgive my self-centered ignorance, and help me reanimate this forum; I promise to never underestimate its power or take for granted its contributors again.

I love you all.

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back, M! We all have something to look forward to again, including yourself I hope. (BTW: I finally admitted that I would probably be better off trying Firefox and it seems to be working. Just going through AOl, I was continuously being bumped off, including this time!Thank you.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you are having more success with Firefox. I swear, the Interwebs has been acting pretty goofy lately... my theory is terrorism. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mom, that was very well said and appreciated. Looking forward to many more cyber-coffee/sharing experiences with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Marnie. Me, too! I really wish you could just pop over to my place for coffee or tea sometimes!! It sucks living so far from you. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  5. 6-3-09 Wed 5:45pm

    Hey Peanut!

    Good for you for not giving up. It is interesting, too, that you don't beat yourself up overmuch about backsliding or other unfortunate things! It is a touch thing for me to learn to do but you seem to have got the knack and that gives me hope, too.
    On the other hand, don't think that we are dependent on you to keep US MOTIVATED! That's too much pressure and totally unreal for you OR us!
    That being said, thanks for doing this blog and being so honest---you are a treasure!
    Also, I am sending you some stuff on arthritis and on pain. Hope something helps.
    irish-sunshine
    ok be that way DON'T BE HOME WHEN I NEED YOU!
    THERE IS NOTHING THAT SAYS, "SEND" !?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. M, I'm sorry I haven't responded before now. I did want to say that I had no intention of making you feel guilty about your "retreat". I'm very sorry if that happened! I hope you returned because YOU wanted to. I also hope all is well and things are getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathie, you didn't make me feel guilty at all! And yes, I returned to the blog because I missed it, but also because it seemed to be important to others, which is gratifying, to say the least!

    ReplyDelete