Monday, May 4, 2009

JOURNAL ENTRY: DAY 50

I know today isn't over, but it is as far as my food consumption is concerned, so I figured I would just enter it now. Here is today's fare:

BREAKFAST
Yeah, I was preoccupied this morning, looking for a black suit online (for one of my new jobs), and forgot to eat breakfast. :(

LUNCH
It was about 3:30 PM before I got my lunch today... had to run an errand or two. Didn't feel like cooking anything at that point, so I got some takeout from this cute little restaurant in Old Town, called Bittersweet Cafe. It was buffet style stuff, and some of it looked pretty out-of-my-health-range (like the Cheesy Potatoes... omg), so I tried to go with some better choices. Still wasn't perfect, but I took small portions. 

Vegetarian Lasagne (white sauce, which is not really a great choice I know, with zucchini)
Roasted Vegetables (carrots, green beans, peppers, etc -- tasty and healthy-looking)
Eggplant Parmesan (took a very small portion of this -- it had a lot of breading on the eggplant, but otherwise it seemed ok -- very light on the cheese)

SUPPER
OK this was the crowning glory of the day! When I was at the store the other day (yes, Trader Joe's), I bought some Thai rice sticks, and there was a recipe on the back of the package that looked good. Well, I made it tonight, and when I get done with this posting, I am posting the recipe. IT IS SOOOOOO GOOOOOOD. Definitely a summertime staple!!!

VietNamese Bun (noodle salad)

No comments:

Post a Comment