Monday, May 4, 2009

JOURNAL ENTRY: DAY 49

It was a great day yesterday (Sunday)... I went to the National Gallery and sketched, and had lunch in their cafeteria... it was so much fun!

BREAKFAST
Crunchy PB&J Smoothie, except instead of berries I used the strawberry-mango-pineapple combo, and didn't like it as much. Still, it was a yummy, nutritious breakfast. Obviously, Sarah, this is going to become a staple for me!! :)

LUNCH (@ Nat'l Gallery)
4 oz. Pork loin (REALLY overcooked, and since I told them no gravy :) there was nothing to moisten it at all... gerg)
steamed broccoli -- perfectly cooked, surprisingly enough. Slightly al dente but not raw and gross.
glazed carrots -- no idea what they were glazed with, but they were yummy. Didn't taste really sweet or anything, but there was a little oil on the plate when I was done. :(
quinoa with walnuts and oranges -- my first taste of this mighty grain, and it was very tasty with the orange flavor in there! 

SUPPER
I just felt like something light, so I had brown rice pasta with a little Smart Balance and some Parmesan/Romano cheese. I know I should have scrounged around for veggies to go with it, but I was pretty tired and lazy. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment