Sunday, May 10, 2009

JOURNAL ENTRY: DAY 55



Saturday, May 9

Well, I did better yesterday than the last few days, although it was not without flaws. One good thing, Bodhi and I went for a walk... had no idea where we were headed or how to get home, but we managed it, huffing and puffing. (I think Bodhi is as out of shape as I am!) When we got back, I put our path on Google maps and discovered that it was 2 miles! I know that's not much for you crazy walking types, but that's more than I've done in a very long time, and the last leg of it was all uphill. So that happened. :)

OK, here's the food:

BREAKFAST
2 hard-boiled eggs
2 small whole wheat pockets, toasted, with a tiny avocado smashed on them

LUNCH
1 whole wheat pocket with cucumber, 1/2 oz cheese, and 2 tsp tahini

SNACK
grapes

SUPPER
Um, six fried corn tortillas with cheese
I know I KNOW

4 comments:

  1. Good job on the walk, M! Also, it doesn't look like you strayed off the path TOO much. I know it's discouraging sometimes, but hang in there. It WILL get better. You are doing this for YOU! The main thing is to keep trying. Eventually, you will start to feel better both physically and mentally (if you haven't already).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mom! I'm sorry I didn't get your message last night until it was too late to call you back. Great job on the walk! Also, so you had a few weak moments this week. It doesn't make you a weak person incapable of reaching your goals. It means you had a few weak moments this week. You had some strong moments, too. For the most part you did awesome at breakfasts and most dinners, it seems that your weak times are a) when you're starving from not having sufficient food and being tired after work and 2) at night when you may be feeling lonely and bad about choices earlier in the day and you want chocolate-peanut goodness to make everything better (which, of course, it doesn't). One thing I would do is stop calling the snickers bar a snack and call it a dessert, because it has enough calories/sugar, etc. to be a dessert. And cling to the image of the tub of butter=big mac idea. :-) maybe you could find a local coffee shop to hang your art in, make some connections, friends, etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, I am getting kind of bored with this post, when are you gonna post a new one, huh? ;-) Don't even try the whole "I worked 20 hours yesterday" thing, that still leaves FOUR hours to post on your blog! hehehe

    ReplyDelete