Sunday, May 24, 2009

JOURNAL ENTRY: DAY 69

Wow! Can you believe that this started 69 days ago? Yikes, the passage of time is one of the most startling elements of getting older. *sigh*

I am sheepishly skipping the fourteen days that have passed since my last journal entry, and am just going to pick up from yesterday and move forward. In a brief synopsis of the food consumption over the course of these two weeks, let's just say 'overindulgence' was a large factor, with a little 'self-loathing' thrown in there, just to make sure I didn't come up for air for awhile. OK, and moving on...

Saturday, May 23

BREAKFAST
2 Bagels, one cinnamon raisin and one sesame seed, spread with Smart Balance

LUNCH
2 bags of microwave popcorn, seasoned with melted Smart Balance, parmesan cheese, salt, and Tabasco sauce

SNACK
Bubble tea (cold tea and milk beverage, with large-pearl tapioca in it... SO GOOD)

SUPPER
About a cup of Broccoli Slaw (recipe posted after this one)
About a cup of stir-fried steak, peppers, onions, and egg noodles

Yeah, not the most brilliant food decisions throughout the day, but I ended pretty well... mostly because I was too tired to get myself into trouble last night. :) I have been slack about my food journal for a couple of weeks, but now I will start paying better attention again, I promise.

5 comments:

  1. M, I think you have already discovered that recording your "intake" helps keep you on track somewhat. It still looks like you are hanging in there and not going too far off the beaten path. Thanks for your entries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Where did you say you get the "Bubble Tea"? I would like to try it. I can't have most of the ingredients in the salad, but I can have the tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Kathie. Yes, writing stuff down definitely makes a difference... something about the psychological accountability, I guess. Anyway, thanks for hanging in there with me.

    Forgot to ask you how it's going with NS?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathie, here is a link that tells you (in an annoyingly stilted fashion, I'm afraid) how to make bubble tea: http://video.about.com/chinesefood/How-to-Make-Cold-Bubble-Tea.htm

    Because it is getting really popular here (in this country), you can probably find the already-prepared version in tea rooms with an Asian influence or in some specialty beverage shops... we got ours yesterday from a shop called Teaism, but I had it in Dallas at a little shop next to a Viet Namese restaurant.

    Here is the Wikipedia link to all the information you could desire about bubble tea.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_tea

    I have to say that I had no idea how many variations are possible until I started looking up sites for your perusal, so thank you for asking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, M. I will add ingredients to my next grocery list.

    ReplyDelete