Sunday, April 29, 2012

Cauliflower Fritters!!

Sorry to keep you waiting so long for more words of ... er, wisdom? Whining? Whatever. No whining tonight, just happy happy taste buds! I just made cauliflower fritters from skinnytaste.com, and decided to pair them with Zesty Avocado Cilantro Buttermilk Dressing, from the same awesome site! Holy mackerel, SO DELICIOUS!! And easy-peasy to make!


Lousy picture, but yummy food. Well, except the (clearly) too-old-to-be-tasty cucumbers, which don't even have enough life left in them to Pretend to be green. :-/

Anyway, skinnytaste is great for any of you who do the Weight Watchers thing; in addition to usual nutrition content, they also give the "old points" and "new points" for WWs.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, for the fritters, I didn't have any parsley, so I chopped up a couple scallions and threw them in. Not a Huge fan of parsley, anyway, and I think the onion-y-ness goes well with the cauliflower. Regular finely-diced onions would probably be fine, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these do sound pretty awesome! do you think they'd still be good without the cheese? ..silly question.. actually I've been experimenting with aged cheeses and it's going well so far, maybe I can follow the recipe as is..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I didn't have the required amount of cheese, and all I had was parmesan (grated, in the generic plastic jar sort of thing), so I'm not sure how much that added to the flavor anyway. Probably freshly grated romano or parmesan would add a nice touch, but these were just so damned good you could totally enjoy them without. Yay that you're having some success with aged cheeses! :))

      Delete