Monday, April 30, 2012

Recipes!

I have it on good authority (thanks, Marnie!) that this recipe is very tasty, so I'm sharing it here! It sounds delicious, so I will try these Black Bean and Sweet Potato Enchiladas at my earliest opportunity!

In the meantime, this is what I'm starting tonight, just to marinate. I will cook it tomorrow. If you've never had Peruvian Chicken, you are SO missing out! This recipe is pretty close to the yumminess you get at any of the various Pollo a la Brasa places around here.

PERUVIAN CHICKEN

1 4lb chicken
4 T white vinegar
3 T white wine
3 T canola oil
2 ½ T garlic powder
2 T paprika
2 T cumin
2 t black pepper
1 t salt
juice of 1 lemon
1 qt cold water

Combine vinegar, wine, and oil with garlic powder, paprika, cumin, pepper, and salt. Mix well.

Add lemon juice to cold water. Trim excess fat from chicken. Wash chicken thoroughly with lemon water. Place chicken in a ziplock bag; pour spice mixture over chicken, rubbing it into every surface. Try to get as much spice mixture under the skin as much as possible. Seal chicken in bag and refrigerate 2 to 24 hours. (The longer it marinates, the better, just not more than 24 hours.) 

Preheat oven to 300° and cook chicken for 1 ½ hours, or until cooked through. Add a couple tablespoons of water to the marinade, and baste the chicken with it every 15 minutes or so while it's baking. Make sure the last glazing has time to cook thoroughly.


DIPPING SAUCE

½ c mayonnaise
2 T mustard
3 T lime juice
1 T chili-garlic sauce (Asian), or to taste

1 comment:

  1. OK, I made the Peruvian chicken last night, and I am not sure what I did wrong, but it didn't come out nearly as well as the first time I made it. I think I put too much paprika and not enough cumin. (I used up the last of my cumin, and it was just not enough. Boo.) I am not a huge fan of the flavor of paprika, so I think maybe the last time I made it I used Less than the recipe said. *sigh* Oh well, it's fine, just not the yummy party-in-my-mouth I was hoping for.

    ReplyDelete