Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Isn't this pretty? It's my breakfast sandwich! 12-grain bread, tahini and a leetle mayo, one egg - fried in a non-stick pan with a little oil spray, two slices tomato, one skinny slice of cheddar cheese,* and a pile o' sprouts. YUM.

*I am a cheese fiend, people. I have never met a cheese I didn't like, so it's pretty hard for me to be judicious in my portion control. Although buying a two-pound block of sharp cheddar is what I *wanted* to do, I went to the deli section instead and bought a half pound of THINLY sliced cheddar. The price/lb was higher, but I spent less, and I have found that I can take a slice of it and be happy with that, rather than the slabs I would have carved from the large hunk.

3 comments:

  1. Holy mackerel. This is the first time I've put tahini on a fried-egg sandwich, but it Won't be the last! Wow, is that delicious! *happy mouth*

    ReplyDelete
  2. that does look like a delicious breakfast (except for the mayo - did that add anything in terms of flavor? not trying to be critical, just actually curious).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well, my mother Always made fried egg sandwiches with mayo, so that actually went on first, just out of habit. It really was a very small amount, though, like I scraped the knife across the bread. Then, after I'd already applied the mayo, tahini occurred to me (because of the sprouts; I always love tahini in a sprout sandwich), and it was truly genius. I won't bother with the mayo next time, trust me. :)

      Delete