Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Beating the Heat into Tasty Submission

Holy Oh My Goodness!! What a delightful way to cool off in this disgusting heat!! A friend gave me this recipe: Watermelon, Feta, and Fresh Mint Salad. That's it. That's all that's in this. Sorry, D-Day, about the feta... perhaps there is some substitute that you can come up with. But yikes, this is so freaking good. I was told no specific quantities or ratios, but I'll tell you what I used: 1 personal-sized watermelon, probably made about 4 or 5 cups of cut-up pieces; about 1/4 lb feta, crumbled, and about 3 or 4 stems-worth of mint leaves, chopped up.

This recipe is seriously going on my Take To Summer Gatherings list!! Hope you try it, and ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. sounds interesting! saw this and thought you might like it, a nice twist on the watermelon-feta-herb thang: http://www.howsweeteats.com/2012/05/watermelon-feta-basil-quinoa/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds delicious, too!! Thanks for sharing! I love her writing style. Not as entertaining as yours, but pretty good. ;)

      Delete