Friday, July 27, 2012

So. I have decided that portion control is as big a problem for me as what I actually eat, so starting today, I am actually going to start following SERVING SIZES. I KNOW, radical, right? Turns out I underestimated the serving size of blueberries, but I started the day with 3/4 c of whole-grain cereal (actually a combination of two, one with flax and one with quinoa), 1/2 c. blueberries (turns out it should have been one cup), 1 banana, a small handful (literally - I was taught by a doctor how to measure a serving of nuts in your hand) of almonds, toasted, and a cup of 2% milk. (I normally would buy skim, but for some reason the store was out of 1/2 gallons. Weird.)

I feel so virtuous. I know it will be hard at first to teach my body that I am actually getting enough food, but I am sure I will grow accustomed to the new regimen OK. I am also going to start using the "1/2 plate vegetables" technique. I'm told that the book, "Mindless Eating," is an excellent wake-up call about the way we consume food. Haven't read it, but I think I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment