Monday, April 25, 2011

"Dissolving"

It has been a while...

Yesterday, Rachel said something to me that has not left my mind: "You're dissolving!" It's amazing how happy that short little exclamation made me! Since I don't have a scale, I have no idea if that's true (except the 30-something pounds I already knew about between doctor visits, as of January '11), but I *feel* like I am shrinking still. My boss/friend Gerry posited that due to my active job, my metabolism may have sped up while I wasn't looking, which - I don't mind saying - would be AWESOME. I know that I am not eating as much food as I used to... not saying I'm eating *better,* just not as much.

Oddly, I think my newest pastime may be partially responsible for the decrease in consumption: I am currently obsessed with knitting (a sedentary occupation if ever there was one). The thing about knitting is that it occupies both hands, which have to remain unsullied by foodie-type-bits while working with the yarn. This, by definition and necessity, precludes eating of any kind while pursuing this occupation. So, even though there is no aerobic elevation of the heart-rate (except during the terror of a dropped stitch), at least I'm not adding to my caloric intake, which is a nice little bonus.

OK, so now if I had an exercise bike in my minuscule apt, I could get exercise and knit simultaneously! Brilliant! Someone needs to design a bike with a knitting/crocheting work station attached! I do believe it's so crazy it might work.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha somebody probably has invented some kind of attachment like that.

    yay for a speedy metabolism and busy hands! it is true that you seem trimmer every time I see you. I think with work keeping you busy, and if you remember to put down the knitting to take the dog out for a walk a couple times a day, you don't need to worry about getting a bike, at least not during busy wedding season!

    anyway welcome back to your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Remembering to take Bodhi out for a walk has so far not been a problem, as he is not shy about reminding me. ;)

    You're right about wedding season, though! Once we get into full swing, I won't have the energy for a bike, anyway, and it would become just an expensive laundry rack! LOL

    Thank you for your ongoing encouragement. <3

    ReplyDelete