Wednesday, June 10, 2009

STILL with the struggling!?

Hello, all.

I would really like to return to my earlier zest for this quest of an un-stuck fatsuit zipper. You know the old, "spirit willing, flesh - not so much"? Yeah. I mean, I am thinking about what I'm eating, and buying healthy groceries, but I have definitely not mastered the craving for absolute crap. I know I should be OK with eating bad stuff some of the time; it's more realistic than denying myself any pleasures, etc., but until I can put the brakes on the slippery slope of serious food addiction, I need to be realllly strict with myself, and that's just not happening lately.

Indulging in a little introspection, I'm wondering if my eating troubles are reflective of my job/life concerns, and if so -- why?? How does abusing myself with bad food choices help my work and/or personal life AT ALL?? Maybe it's as simple as the old 'comfort food' thing... turning to food to ease worry or stress; still not sure I understand that, either. If anyone has any insight, I would love to hear (read) it!

Right now I'm going to go make some more of that VietNamese Bun, before I lose interest and eat popcorn for supper.

Hope you all are doing well with your own struggles, whatever they may be. Feel free to vent here, any time!

No comments:

Post a Comment